I am so ready for March to end. I want warmer weather, plus my birthday is in April. Baseball starts in April, and April gets me a month closer to vacation with my hubby! I have had a hard time coming up with favorites this month because I focused a lot on simply trying to use up some products, but I have been able to come up with a list of products that I have reached for all month long!
1. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In Plus Keratin- I have been using this stuff all month long because I recently cut 7 inches off my hair and wanted to try and keep it from getting damaged. I have used the original but I prefer the one with Keratin, even if I put nothing else in my hair and let it air dry, it smooths frizz, makes it incredibly soft, and the scent lingers throughout my hair for a while. If anyone out there hasn’t tried this yet because of the price, I am telling you that I was there, too; but it is worth it! It’s around $20.00 at CVS for a 2oz bottle but the company only recommends 2-3 sprays on each side of your hair, and honestly, I think that is too much. I spray about 3 total sprays then comb through my hair. I have been using my bottle for about a month and a half and I can barely see a dent.
2. Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press Spray- This spray is a lightweight, flexible hairspray and a heat protectant in one. The idea is that you spray it on before heat styling and then again to set your style. I love this spray because it doesn’t weigh my hair down or make it greasy, like some heat protectants do. It also doesn’t leave my hair stiff or crunchy, which some hair sprays do. I have been using this stuff before all heat styling and then to set my hair when I curl it. I love this stuff but I have almost went through a whole bottle and it isn’t cheap. I am going to have to use it sparingly for April. 🙂
3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask- This is my holy grail hair mask. It is becoming harder for me to find and I hope that means it isn’t being discontinued. I usually buy it BOGO at CVS or Walgreens. It makes my hair so smooth and soft. I really think it helps to repair the hair. This mask is from orange, triple moisture line by Neutrogena but I noticed they had a new purple, triple repair line that has a mask. I might have to try that one if this one continues to be hard to track down.
Body and Face
1. Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash- I have extremely dry skin and I hate lotion. I shave with this stuff, use it as a body wash, and put it in my baths when I soak. It leaves me soft and moisturized.
2. Garnier Nourshing Cleansing Oil- This stuff is amazing! It is a drugstore knock off of the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil. It takes off all my makeup, even waterproof eye makeup, and it smells so good!
3. Mary Kay Timewise Even Complexion Essence- Anytime I break out, I am left with dark spots and this stuff has been helping to clear up old spots. I have also noticed that newer spots don’t get as bad and fade much quicker.
1. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer in Neutral Medium- This is supposed to be an under eye concealer but I actually use it as a foundation, when I am running late. I just put a few dots on my face, buff it in with a brush, set it with a powder and I am good to go. I have been running late for work a lot this month, so I have been reaching for this quite frequently. I got a super size version of this through a QVC TSV last year, but when I run out I will still buy the small version to use as an all-over foundation.
2. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- I have used this almost everyday for work when I want a natural smokey eye, or just a natural eye look in general. I love this palette!
3.The Balm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine, Translucent Powder- This is a new addition to my collection, but I have used it everyday since I got it. It seems to perfect any face products you have underneath and really helps combat shine. When I use it I don’t even have to touch up my makeup. I got this off of hautelook, when it was 50% off. Next time, I will probably stock up.
4. The Balm Time Balm Foundation in Light- This is also a newer addition to my collection but I love it. It is an extremely full coverage foundation. I spread it on my face with my fingers then take a damp sponge and blend it it for a more natural look. If I need more coverage on certain areas, I won’t use the sponge to blend. I really like this foundation and it supposed to have good ingredients for aging skin. I might buy some for my mom next time it is on hautelook.
Food, TV, Books
1. The Mentalist- My husband and I needed a new show to watch and my mom gave us her seasons of this show to borrow. We are now hooked on it.
2. Michael Connelly- He is my favorite author, period. I love his Harry Bosch series about a detective in Hollywood. He incorporates a lot of actual events into the timeline of his books. I have read all of the Harry Bosch series before, but have actually been re-reading them this month because I am out of school for the time being.
3. HannahMax Baking All Natural Crunchy Cookie Chips- These are amazing! I love chips, like seriously I could eat the whole bag at one time. I also love crunchy cookies. My husband likes to eat them straight out of the oven when they are gooey, but not me! I like to wait until the crisp up. I saw these grocery shopping the other day and thought I would try them. I got the flavor chocolate chip. Wow! They are like tiny, crunchy cookies but you eat them like chips. I am in love! I have eaten the whole bag :(… Next time I will have to by more in preparation. 🙂
What have you guys been enjoying this month? Leave me a comment and let me know.