I love watching empties videos on Youtube. They are some of my favorites because you get a mini review of products plus you get to snoop and see what other people use. Plus, if someone says something bad, it usually ends up saving me money! I have been piling up a lot of empties recently because I have been trying to use stuff up and get my money’s worth. I named this part one because I think there are two many to put in one post. It takes a lot more work to type out your description than it does talking to a camera! Anyway, lets get started!
1. Covergirl Bombshell Mascara- This has had mixed reviews. Everyone seems to love what the mascara does for their lashes but people seem to think it is hard to get off and ends up pulling out their eyelashes. I loved this mascara at first. I used it everyday and never had trouble getting it off with my normal makeup remover. However, towards the last few uses, I noticed half of the eyelashes on one eye were broken off. I am still hoping they grow back, actually. I don’t know if this mascara had anything to do with it or not but just in case I won’t be repurchasing.
2. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in the scent In Bloom- I have used up three or four of these body butters that I got in sets. They make my skin feel nice but they are a little greasy and really pricey. Like over $20.00 for one body butter. I also seem to use them up extremely quickly, like in just a few uses. I won’t repurchase unless it comes in a kit.
3. Mary Kay Pore- Purifying Serum- I really like this stuff. It is a daily serum that has acne-fighting medicine in it and is supposed to help reduce the appearance of pores. I notice a big difference in both my breakouts and my pores when I use this. I am already on my second bottle and will continue to repurchase.
4. Mary Kay Clear Proof Oil- Free Moisturizer- This would be perfect for summer. It is really lightweight and helps control oil. I have a few moisturizers I want to use up but this is something I would definitely come back to in the future. If you are oily, aren’t concerned with anti-aging moisturizers, or just prefer a lightweight moisturizer, then this is definitely for you.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Dollface- I got this as a sample from Sephora and used it for about a week. It is a pretty, natural looking pink that gives the face a glow. I have used these blushes before and they are good blushes but they don’t last 12 hours on me. If I am going to pay more than $20.00 for a blush then I want it to live up to its claims and these just don’t do it for me. I think NARS blushes and the Balm blushes are better alternatives.
6. Josie Maran Argan Oil Hand Cream- I have gotten these in several kits as well and I really do enjoy this hand cream. I don’t think I would repurchase it by itself because of the price. I mainly use hand cream at work because my hands get dry from washing them so frequently. and I really don’t want to keep applying a high end hand cream and then washing it right off. This is a great product if you can afford it and feel like paying that price for a hand cream, but it is just not practical for me.
7. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara- I really like this mascara. I use it by itself, layer it with other mascaras, and even use it to fix other mascaras that have clumped. I plan on repurchasing but I have a few open mascaras now, and I really want to use them up first.I love the rubber brush on this mascara. It doesn’t seem to flake or fade on me, and it isn’t a problem to remove. I feel like this is a high end mascara at a drugstore price.
8. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny- This is a great drugstore bronzer and it is extremely cheap, like under $3.00 cheap. It is matte and would be great on fair, light, and maybe medium skin tones. I enjoyed this bronzer but I think it would be a little too light in summer for my face. I really had to layer it on to get any warmth to my skin. I admit that I am not very good at contouring and I like this bronzer for that because I could easily blend out mistakes. Overall it is a really great bronzer, but I am a bit of a bronzer hoarder. I currently have three bronzers in rotation in my makeup drawers plus three unopened in my stock pile. Needless to say, it will probably be a while before I go back to Sunny. If you are just starting out with makeup or want a cheaper bronzer, then this one is definitely for you.
Have you guys tried any of these products? Let me know what empties you guys have been working on in the comments below.
It is like 60 degree in Ohio and sunny right now! Last night, it was snowing and cold… I am ready for summer. 🙂
All images from google images